Code of Professional Conduct
IHEA is committed to achieving outstanding performance and value to its members.
This code of conduct sets the fundamental values and principles that define the standards of behaviour expected of members of IHEA. Members are required to comply with the principles and spirit of the Code.
Personal and Professional Behaviour
Act in IHEA’s best interests and value IHEA’s reputation.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Treat others with respect, value difference and maintain a safe working environment.
- Act with care and diligence in the conduct of their responsibilities and duties.
- Listen to and respect colleagues and their opinions, maintaining courtesy and respect.
- Do not engage in conduct likely to bring discredit upon IHEA.
- Comply with the letter of the law, the principles of this Code and IHEA policies and procedures.
- Pursue your own professional development and encourage colleagues to do likewise.
- Apply skill and knowledge in a diligent manner at all times in all capacities.
Conflict of Interest
- Identify conflicts of interest and manage them responsibly.
- Not make improper use of information acquired by his or her membership of IHEA to gain, indirectly or directly, an advantage for himself or herself or for any other person or company.
- Do not demand or accept improper fees, benefits, rewards, or remuneration of any kind.
- Do not allow personal interests or the interests of any associated persons, or state-based interests to conflict with the interests of IHEA.
- Respect and maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Never disclose information about IHEA that is not already in the public domain.
- Protect the privacy of the IHEAs employees, clients and members.