- This event has passed.
The continued performance improvements we are seeing in building stock at the forefront of sustainable design should be something we continue to aspire to but the stark reality of providing sustainable development for all while staying within our planetary boundaries means we need to find ways to raise the tide for all buildings, both new and old.
In Going from Great to Good we will explore several themes:
- Beginning with the end in mind; moving to a circular economy for existing and new buildings
- What is good enough; what principles of good engineering design can and should be common to all buildings
- Flexibility and adaptability; designing buildings for an uncertain future
- Modern construction principles; methods to improve the quality and speed of building
- Making the most of what you have; digital engineering to teach old dogs new tricks
The series will run as five 2-hour sessions taking place online, on the following dates:
Day 1 | Tuesday 30 August 2022, 12:00pm AEST
Day 2 | Tuesday 6 September 2022, 12:00pm AEST
Day 3 | Tuesday 13 September 2022, 12:00pm AEST
Day 4 | Tuesday 20 September 2022, 12:00pm AEST
Day 5 | Tuesday 27 September 2022, 12:00pm AEST
More information about the series here